White Plains, New York
Employee Rights Lawyers
At the law firm of Westermann Sheehy Keenan Samaan & Aydelott, LLP, in White Plains, New York, we advise and represent individuals who have legitimate claims against a current or former employer for wrongful discharge, age, race, national origin, disability, or sex discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, or other actions which violate an employee's rights. We don't take employee rights cases lightly. We carefully investigate claims to ensure that an employee has a serious and legitimate grievance against an employer who has broken the law.
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other federal and state laws are in place to ensure that employees are not taken advantage of in the workplace, relative to wage and hour laws, discrimination, and harassment. The laws are complex and it is sometimes difficult to determine whether you may have a legitimate claim against an employer who has violated your rights.
Our experience in labor and employment law is your best asset
If you believe that you have been discriminated against, sexually harassed, wrongfully terminated, or made to work overtime without proper pay, contact our offices to schedule a consultation with an employment law attorney.
We understand what employers are required to do to comply with the laws, and we know when there is a clear violation. When we meet to discuss your claim, we will explain the laws and give you an honest assessment of whether you have a legitimate claim for money damages. Our experience in the area of employment business law is your best asset during the process.
We help employees in employment law areas such as:
- Employment Discrimination
- Wage and Hour Claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Disputes over employee misclassification (exempt vs. non-exempt)
- Overtime violations and being forced to work off the clock
- Sexual harassment
- Hiring and promotion discrimination based on race, age, gender, sex, disability, pregnancy or national origin
- Violation of New York Human Rights Law
- Violation of civil rights under Title VII
- Wrongful discharge including whistleblower claims
- Breach of employment contract
- Disputes over restrictive covenants, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, trade secrets,
- Disputes over non-compete clauses, unfair competition
- Severance agreements, separation agreements, and general releases.
- Executive compensation and benefits
- ERISA actions and disputes over retirement, pension, health insurance and other employment-related benefits
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) issues
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues
- Negotiating and litigating employment contracts, separation agreements, and releases for wallstreet/financial executives
Contact us to discuss the specifics of your employment law concerns.