Seth D. Rosmarin
Of CounselUniondale, NY
Seth concentrates his practice in construction and surety law and general liability defense, representing sureties, insurance companies and contractors. He effectively handles all aspects of civil litigation, whether at the pleadings, discovery or trial stages. Seth has over 10 years of real court-room experience, starting out as an Assistant District Attorney in Nassau County, New York, where he conducted numerous trials, hearings and grand jury presentments for diverse criminal matters. Seth continues to cultivate this experience at WSKSA.
- Josephine Rivera v. Amec Construction, Unity Electrical Co., et al., New York Supreme Court, Bronx County (2008) - Defended and procured dismissal of all claims against client upon motion for summary judgment.
- City of New York v. RLI Insurance Company, New York Supreme Court, New York County (2009) - Procured order of dismissal of plaintiff’s causes of action after motion for summary judgment and oral argument.
- James Malone v. Structure Tone, Inc., ABCO Peerless, Inc., et al., New York Supreme Court, Kings County (2006) - Defended multiple New York Labor Law claims as well as causes of action in common-law negligence and significantly reduced settlement demand after extensive investigation.
- In re: Matter of Joshua Doe, New York Supreme Court, Queens County (2004) - Successfully defended guardianship bond claim by securing restoration of estate funds while at the same time significantly limiting bonding company’s liability exposure.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- High school mock-trial program/Mock-trial judge since 2008
- Construction and surety law
- General liability defense
- Commercial litigation
- New York, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2009
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Skidmore College, 1989