Chris has over 26 years of trial experience defending physicians, dentists, hospitals, medical groups and other healthcare providers and institutions in high-stakes medical and dental malpractice cases. He also has substantial experience and a depth of knowledge representing physicians, dentists and other healthcare professionals in New York State Department of Health investigations and proceedings (OPMC and OPD). Chris’ litigation and trial experience extends to general liability and insurance defense, commercial/business disputes, employment and personal injury cases. His extensive preparation, formidable courtroom skills and devotion to his clients has helped him compile an unblemished record of success.
Chris also counsels WSKSA’s clients on employment matters, such as employee handbooks, policies and procedures, employment contracts and settlement/severance agreements and releases, wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation and whistleblower claims under federal and state laws. His extensive knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry is especially advantageous to physicians and other healthcare professionals and the medical groups and hospitals that employ them.
Chris was admitted to practice in New York in 1991, after graduating from Long Island University, magna cum laude, and Hofstra University School of Law. He is also admitted to practice in Connecticut and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and the District of Connecticut.
- Austin v. Midwife, Ob/Gyn and Group, NY Supreme Court, Rockland County - Obtained defendant’s verdict, affirmed on appeal, on alleged negligent vaginal delivery complicated by shoulder dystocia, including claims of failure to perform cesarean section and use of excessive traction, which caused Erb’s palsy and Klempke’s palsy involving damage and/or rupture of C5-C8 and T1 nerve roots in infant male plaintiff.
- Clarizio v. Ob/Gyns, NY Supreme Court, Putnam County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim for failure to perform cesarean section and negligent vaginal delivery of 10 lb. 4 oz. infant female with use of excessive traction causing Erb’s palsy and developmental delays to infant-plaintiff
- Elmer v. Orthopedic Surgeon, NY Supreme Court, New York County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim for failure to perform open surgical fixation of distal tibia and proximal fibula fractures and negligent closed reduction and casting causing deformity, leg length discrepancy and loss of use requiring reconstructive surgery and leg lengthening procedure in 26 year old male.
- Kinney v. Radiologist, NY Supreme Court, Suffolk County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on wrongful death claim based on alleged delayed diagnosis of lung cancer causing metastasis and death of 47 year old nurse with four minor children.
- Kroenung v, Ob/Gyn, NY Supreme Court, Rockland County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim of negligent vaginal delivery after shoulder dystocia with alleged use of excessive traction causing permanent moderate-severe Erb’s palsy.
- Larkin v. General Surgeon and Ob/Gyn, NY Supreme Court, Putnam County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim for failure to diagnose breast cancer resulting in mastectomy instead of lumpectomy, and metastasis.
- Millen v. Orthopedic Surgeon, NY Supreme Court, New York County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim for negligent performance of shoulder arthroplasty causing loss of use and pain, dislocation, prosthesis failure and complete revision surgery.
- Ritter v. OB/GYN, NY Supreme Court, Rockland County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim for negligent management of labor and delivery, including failure to recognize/diagnose signs of fetal hypoxia/fetal distress and perform timely C-section causing extensive brain damage and cerebral palsy.
Trinidad v. Ob/Gyn, NY Supreme Court, Westchester County – Obtained defendant’s verdict on claim for failure to perform cesarean section and improper vaginal delivery of 11 lb. 2 oz. baby with shoulder dystocia causing Erb’s palsy in infant and separated pubic symphysis in mother requiring ORIF.
- Local Private Power Developer v. Several International Energy Corporations, United States District Court, Southern District New York – Obtained $3.5 million judgment for plaintiff on breach of contract and fraud action to recover percentage of profits for local independent power plant developer who assisted in winning bid to develop, construct and operate 250 MW power plant in Central America.
- International Energy Corporation v. Trigen Engery Corp., United States District Court, Southern District New York – Obtained $250,000 judgment for plaintiff on breach of contract action to recover fee for local power plant developer.
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Dental Malpractice Defense
- New York State Department of Health Disciplinary Investigations and Proceedings (OPMC and OPD)
- General Liability and Insurance Defense
- Commercial/Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- New York, 1991
- Connecticut, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2001
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, 1990
- B.A., magna cum laude, Long Island University, C.W. Post, 1987
- Northern Westchester Bar Association (Past President)
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Medical Defense Bar Association
- Westchester County Medical Society