Timothy J. Lenane
Of CounselWhite Plains, NY
Timothy has been practicing for more than 25 years, the majority of which have been spent in the medical malpractice and professional liability defense field as a trial attorney and in-house counsel for a major New York City hospital and health care system. Tim has managed all aspects of professional liability and general liability claims against hospitals. He has also successfully defended hospitals, physicians, nurses, dentists and other health care professionals in medical malpractice cases from inception through trial.
Before joining the Firm, Tim was a partner with Schiavetti, Corgan, DiEdwards & Nicholson, where he concentrated on defense of professional liability claims, including hospitals, physicians, nurses, dentists and other health care professionals. For 16 years, Tim was responsible for all aspects of litigation, including pleadings, motions, appeals, depositions, retaining and consulting with expert witnesses, and jury trials.
Tim also served as Corporate Director of Claims and Insurance Claims Counsel for St. Vincent Catholic Medical Centers in New York for more than 6 years. He was responsible for all professional liability, general liability and worker’s compensation claims against the hospital, as well as physicians insured through subsidiary insurance companies. He worked with outside counsel, evaluated cases for potential exposure and set and adjusted reserves accordingly. He convened and participated in Liability Claims Committee Conferences, determined and granted settlement authority, and monitored and attended trials and alternative dispute resolutions for aggressive dispositions. Tim directly handled settlement of high exposure cases.
Through years of experience as a litigator, trial attorney and in-house counsel for major medical centers, Tim has acquired a unique set of skills and perspectives which are invaluable to the Firm’s health care clients.
- New York Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The Association for Healthcare Risk Management of New York
- New York State Medical Defense Bar Association
- Medical Malpractice and Hospital Liability Defense
- Dental Malpractice Defense
- New York State Department of Health Disciplinary Investigations and Proceedings (OPMC and OPD)
- General Liability and Insurance Defense
- General Business Law and Commercial Litigation
- Employment and Labor Law
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability Defense
- New York, 1990
- Connecticut, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1992
- J.D., New York Law School, 1989
- B.A., SUNY, Stony Brook, 1985