Jamie effectively handles all aspects of civil litigation, whether at the pleadings, discovery or trial stages, including conducting depositions and drafting of motions. Jamie concentrates her practice in construction and surety law and general liability defense, representing sureties, insurance companies and contractors.
Jamie has over nine years of real courtroom experience, starting out as an Assistant District Attorney in Nassau County, New York, where she conducted numerous trials, hearings and grand jury presentments for diverse criminal matters. She successfully prosecuted violent felonies, high profile domestic violence and sex offense cases, including cases based on scientific evidence alone. During her tenure as a prosecutor, she handled criminal cases from investigation through trial verdicts. Her experience includes preparing children, the elderly and infirm, and hostile witnesses for difficult and traumatic trial testimony. She has utilized all forms of evidence, both physical and scientific, during the course of her many trials. She has successfully cross examined doctors, scientists, alibi witnesses, and even defendants. Her eagerness to always accept the challenge of the most difficult cases enabled her to hone her skills and become one of the most prolific trial assistants at the District Attorney’s Office.
- Construction and surety law
- General liability defense
- Commercial litigation
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2015
- New York, 2005
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2004
- B.A., cum laude, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, 2000
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS/COMMUNITY SERVICE
- American Academy for Professional Law Enforcement
- Mentor for the Brooklyn Law School Mentor Program